How can you relieve headaches?
Headaches are a common complaint and they can affect both young and old. If you or someone you love suffers from frequent headaches, please know that it is not recommended to visit your medicine cabinet right away. Instead, experts suggest heading to your kitchen instead. There are many types of foods that provide the body with key vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to ease or prevent headaches as well as other minor ailments.
Foods to cure headache
There is a variety of foods that can be eaten to relieve headaches. Here is a list of ten common foods that may help relieve the pain and discomfort.
1. Salad. Sometimes, a headache is caused by dehydration. In this case, salad can help rehydrate the body and calm your headache. It is the lettuce which is high in water and fiber; eating lettuce should chase your headache away. Other salad ingredients containing water include tomatoes and cucumbers.
2. Bread. In case you are suffering from headaches and migraines, whole grain bread has amazing properties to chase away the pain. Bread contains healthy carbohydrates which are important for complete nutritional health.
3. Potatoes. The potatoes’ skin is filled with potassium, which is recommended for headache care. Many recipes offer options for ‘peels-on’ preparation which may help diminish head aches and other pains.
4. Salmon. It has been discovered that diets high in healthy fats will help relieve chronic headaches. Salmon contains a large amount of Omega-3 fatty acids which has been proven to be efficient in stopping headaches.
5. Liver. Liver is very high in vitamin B3, B6, B12, A, E and K, making this a very healthy food which can also fill your body with the needed protein. Because one cause of headaches is a lack of certain vitamins, eating liver can eliminate many headaches.
6. Spinach. Spinach is a very powerful headache reliever because it reduces blood pressure, often a primary cause of headaches. Spinach is also high in magnesium and water, helpful in chasing away the painful effects of dehydration.
7. Bananas. Bananas are very high in magnesium and potassium, making this an excellent food to consider when the goal is to relieve a headache.
8. Spicy foods. Seasonal allergies, as well as the flu, can cause severe headaches. Eating spicy foods can help relieve headaches caused by these issues. Two ways spicy food offers relief is by combating congestion and reducing sinus pressure which opens the airways. A good flow of oxygen can also chase a headache away.
9. Yogurt. Low calcium levels can cause uncomfortable headaches. The healthy properties of yogurt will provide a generous boost of calcium as well as many other vitamins and nutrients. Certain flavors – such as blueberry – also have antioxidant properties.
10. Almonds. Almonds are a healthy snack that will help relax your muscles and blood vessels. This is because almonds are high in magnesium.
These are just a few of the many foods that can help combat and cure headaches. In general, most headaches are caused by different health problems such as a lack of certain vitamins your body needs daily. Following a diet rich that is rich in vitamins will help treat and prevent headaches. In addition, certain seasons may bring about the onset of headaches. It is possible to combat this effect by consuming certain foods to prevent headaches as well as many other ailments.