If you take a look around you would see that there are literally hundreds and thousands of anti-aging products out there on the market and the irony is that all of them claim to be the best.
Well, we are not going to get into the controversy of which one is better, but all we can say for now is that most of the cases cosmetically and pharmaceutical products end up being money churners for the manufacturers.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could take care of your skin using some simple home remedies that cost little and work wonders? Here’s a ready reckoner:
1) Ever heard of the term elixir of life? That’s exactly what water is. Unfortunately very few understand the benefits of water. Water not only quenches your thirst but also hydrates your skin and keeps it healthy. A glass of lukewarm water every morning with a couple of drops of fresh lemon juice can really work wonders on your skin. Drink at least 4 L of water every day and all the toxin buildup is going to get taken care of.
2) Vitamin C: Did you know that your skin health has a lot to do with your immunity? Your immune system needs to be in perfect order and you can actually boost your immune system by having vitamin C supplements every day. These things are easily available at your local pharmacy and the recommended dosage is thousand milligrams per day. It is also a good idea to have a couple of fresh oranges every day because those are loaded with vitamin C.
3) Avoid soaps and detergents: It doesn’t really matter how much of the soaps and detergents company’s brag about their products on television – at the end of the day most of them are not skin friendly and some of them even have the capability of altering your skin cycle. But, you need to take care of the dirt and grime that collects on your skin when you step out. So, what’s the solution? Make a paste of gram flour and use it as a body mask during bath time. Scrub it off using an apricot scrub and that is going to leave your skin moisturized and nourished.
4) A hot water bath is really effective in all seasons. Try to take at least one hot water bath everyday to maintain proper blood circulation beneath your skin surface.
5) You can definitely continue to use your regular moisturizers, but you just need to make sure that those are not loaded with harmful chemicals. Herbal stuff is good, but it really needs to be “herbal” and preferably contain aloe vera. It is also a good idea to use a retinoic acid along with your moisturizer. This is going to take care of the fine lines, blotches and wrinkles and also speed up your skin shedding cycle.
6) Beautiful and flawless skin has always been the privilege of a lucky few, but now you can also add glow to your face by using fresh coconut milk squeezed out of freshly ground coconut.
7) Avocado could also be really helpful in rejuvenating your skin. The pulp of avocado could be used for moisturizing effect.
If you’re worried about hard leathery skin and tough wrinkles, Castor oil could be beneficial.
8) If you’re suffering from blackheads and acne, you could simply rub raw potato on the affected areas to get rid of the problem. A mixture of lime juice, Rosewater and glycerin could also give you the same effects if you apply it regularly on the face before going to sleep.
9) Dark patches under the eyes or a very difficult problem to deal with and those can really make you look older. Honey applied evenly on the affected areas could solve the problem.
10) If you are concerned about skin rejuvenation, nothing works better than lemon juice. A few drops of lemon juice applied every day can take care of the fine lines, blemishes and wrinkles.
11) The first signs of aging can be effectively removed using the core of pineapple. Rub the pulp on your face and leave it to dry for 10 to 15 minutes.
12) You can easily prepare your candidate solution by using a mixture of Rosewood, rose jasmine, frankincense and sandalwood oils.
About the Guest Blogger – Jessica Palin is an expert writer at Pinskylikstein.com where her job is to research and blog to spread awareness about ethical plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures including facelift, liposuction and breast augmentation in Palm Beach area. This post has been written by her to promote knowledge about healthy habits that can save you hundreds of dollars spent otherwise on expensive anti-aging products and treatments.