It is a good idea to remember that there is only so much you can do to control hair fall, no matter what miraculous results various products promise.
Your genetic makeup determines not just your hair type and color, but also is responsible for when it will gray, how much of it will fall out when.
However there are ways in which you can give your hair a helping hand naturally; here’s how:
- Eat a healthy diet that is rich in natural vitamins and minerals, complex carbs, good quality protein and healthy fats. Hair needs nourishment from the inside out to keep it healthy and strong – if you give it that nourishment it will remain stronger for longer, and will resist breakage.
- Use vitamins supplements if you are deficient. Vitamin E is very important for the hair and can be taken internally or can be applied directly to the scalp to help stimulate circulation. Vitamin B contributes to melanin (pigment) production and also adds to hair health.
- Stop smoking. Smokers are known to lose their hair because it reduces the blood flow to the scalp and impairs hair growth. By kicking the butt, you will live a longer, healthier life with healthier hair.
- Control stress. When they say stress turns your hair white they aren’t far wrong. Stress does in fact impair the normal growth of hair and can actually cause it to fall. So if you’re experiencing a lot of stress in life this could well be the reason why you’re losing hair.
- It is also important not to physically stress the hair. Certain hair styles (cornrows and tight braids) or accessories that pull or tug the hair, toxic chemicals (coloring, rebonding, perming etc) and excessive styling and heat can result in weakening of hair which can lead to hair fall.
- Massage your scalp. This has several benefits – it can help you ease tension and stress and help you relax. Further it helps stimulate the scalp to re grow hair by improving the amount of oxygenated blood that reaches the hair roots.
- For best results massage with olive or almond oil. In fact hot oil treatments are very good for arresting hair loss and strengthening and nourishing the hair. Warm the oil to a level that is comfortable and then massage directly into the scalp. This also restores moisture naturally and imparts shine and gloss.
- Use herbal remedies such as stinging nettle for the hair. This herbal remedy acts on hair loss by regenerating hair growth as well as helping arrest the process of balding.
- Saw palmetto is another natural remedy for hair loss that works by blocking the hormones that are responsible for hair loss. More than one clinical study has shown that this can be quite effective in addressing hair loss problems.
- Use green tea to naturally reduce hair loss. Green tea is rich in antioxidants. So apply a concentrated brew to the hair roots, leave for an hour and then rinse off.
About the Guest Blogger – Sarika Periwal promotes natural remedies as opposed to pharmaceutical remedies for all health conditions. After all you’re far less likely to have any side effects if you use natural remedies. There are many natural hair growth products apart from the ones listed above that you can use to nourish your hair and scalp. We should try to control our habits and environmental factors to promote good health.