If you have looked at online life insurance quotes, then you are well aware that weight plays a factor. After all, being overweight does affect your health, so it only makes sense that it would influence the quotes you receive as well.
Now, if you are like millions of others looking for tips to lose weight, you are probably tired of seeing the same ones over-and-over telling you to cut calories, eliminate carbohydrates and exercise more.
Surely, there must be other tips out their somewhere, right?
- Focus on Adding – Most people are so fixated on what they need to eliminate from their diet that they don’t even think about what they should be adding. Stop looking at it as losing something and realize that you are gaining a new healthy lifestyle. What health foods can you finally try that you haven’t yet? What ingredients can you buy to make a healthy smoothie every day?
- Turn Up the Heat – Hot peppers significantly raise your metabolism, so don’t forget to add some to your food. Not to mention, spicy food forces you to slow down so you notice when you are full. Most people overeat because they eat a lot before they realize they are full.
- Evaluate Your Nighttime Snacks – Instead of telling yourself you can’t have a nighttime snack and then binging at midnight because you have obsessed over it for four hours, allow yourself a snack, but pick wisely. Apples are ideal because they make you feel full. If you need something sweet, go ahead and indulge in a fruit bar or a half cup of low-fat ice cream or sorbet.
- Eat at Home – Fair enough, you are probably always on the run like many others, but you have more control over your diet when you eat at home. Not to mention, just think of how much money you can save too, if you reduce the number of times a week you eat out.
- Stop Exercising and Have Fun – The reason why so many people fail is because they get bored with exercise. It is exciting to start a new diet and join the gym, but then you get stuck in a rut. Many people assume that you have to do aerobics or work out at the gym, but you don’t. There are a multitude of things you can do to lose weight. The goal is to stay active so you are always burning calories, thereby speeding up your metabolism. Have fun trying new things like water skiing, snowboarding or kayaking, or just strap on a backpack and go hiking for a day.
- Leave the Car at Home – Do you really need to get in your car to go everywhere? If you are going to the corner store for a lottery ticket, why not take a bike ride? If you are at work and going a few blocks over for lunch, why not walk? By the time you drive there, sit in lunchtime traffic and find a parking space, you could have already walked there and got yourself a table.
- Eat More – A lot of people will tell you to eat smaller portions several times a day. Although your first instinct may be to eat once and starve the rest of the day, these smaller portions will help keep your metabolism revved up.
- Do Yoga – Don’t underestimate the power of yoga. Those who practice regularly have lower BMIs. It boosts your metabolism, strengthens muscles, improves flexibility and encourages mindfulness so you pay attention to when you are full and you are more aware of what you put in your body.
- Eat Pickles – There is evidence that the acidic acid in the vinegar used for pickling can reduce blood sugar levels, lower blood pressure and help stop fat formation.
- Take a Nap – Are you really hungry or are you tired? First things first, if you are not getting enough sleep at night, your internal battery does not have time to recharge. If you are tired throughout the day, it often leads to overeating. If you get sluggish during the day, you are tempted to drink a sugary soda or eat an unhealthy snack when all you may need is an hour sleep.
- Drink Water – One of the easiest tips to follow to help you lose weight so you qualify for lower online life insurance quotes is to drink more water. Quite often, you think you are hungry, but your body is just thirsty. Water flushes out your system and helps your body rid itself of fat cells it is losing.